30 ways to Accelerate Your Weight Loss (from Fire Up Your Core series)
This is exactly what happens when the core muscles
are weak – it compromises your body’s ability to support the frame properly.
In recent years, there has been a lot of buzz about the importance of a
strong core – and there is a valid reason for this. The core is where all of the
powerful movements in the body originate – so it can essentially be thought
of as your “center of power.”
When most people hear the term “core,” they automatically think of the
abdominals. But the core is more complex than having a great “six pack.”
This section of the body consists of several different muscles that work
simultaneously to provide a solid base of support for the upper and lower
Benefits of Doing Core Strength Exercises • Strengthening your core reduces the risk of injury — especially to
• Having a strong core improves your performance in sports.
• A strong core increases your overall coordination and stability
• Having a strong core improves your posture.
• A strong core protects your spine and helps shield it from injury
• Having a strong core increases the effectiveness of your workouts.